Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PlayDough Recipe...

...I've received quite a few requests for the playdough recipe, and since I can't email responses to comments *Hello? Blogspot, are you listing?!* I figured I'd just post it for everyone!



1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar


Mix flour, salt and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency.
I add vanilla extract to mine, it makes it smell nice and it keeps it from getting moldy or otherwise going bad. I also use food colouring to colour it, but you can use tempra powder paint or beat juice, carrot juice and spinach juice to colour it naturally.


Also, here's the gluten free recipe for those with little ones who have wheat allergies, it's pretty sticky to start with but keep kneading it and it'll come out lovely:


½ cup rice flour
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup cold water
1 tsp cooking oil
food coloring


Cook the same way as above and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment