Friday, October 10, 2008

Korkers, Korkers Everwhere...

... Okay, not quite everywhere... but it seems like it. Did you know it's really hard to keep cats and kids alike out of newly korkered ribbon? It's like a magnetic attraction that just can't be stopped. I had to drag BLP out of a pile of korkers about 600 times lastnight. Due to this I only got five korkers done. I hate me and my slowness, I'm a lot faster in my head...

I was looking into another mom sale next weekend, I'm like addicted to those. I'd go every day if I could, even if I do spend whatever I make. Anywho... I was looking at their website (did you know some mom sales have websites? Yeah, they do) and there was a mom there selling clippies, just clippies. That's cool, right? Sure! Despite the fact that that was my purpose in going... BUT she was selling them for $4 EACH. Oh. My. God. I was like wow... they must be some pretty amazing clippies, I may need to purchase me some (I am not above buying clippies from other sellers, I like having things that are different than what I make) so I check out the website, which I shall not post here. Honestly? They were no better than mine. They even had check hard plastic flower things stuck to them. I think she said they were made to match some Gymbo lines but they sure didn't look like it. I even laughed when the website 'and for ONLY $4 each!' Wow... seriously...

Now don't get me wrong, I have seen $4+ clippies on Etsy that are definitely worth $4+ each, and I personally would pay that because they are either a) unique, b) gorgeous, or c) both. So, totally worth it. But when I see clippies that're very basic and then have a cheap plastic flower hot glued on with a $4 price tag I kind of want to go to the sale and ask what she's trying to pull. We live in an area where it's hard to find trendy things at a reasonable price and she's totally taking advantage of buyers because of that. They don't know $4ea is a rip off. Not to mention I saw them at an upscale children's salon a couple months ago for $7 a pair and they were excellent quality and very, very cute. What the heck people?! Hmm... I might just go to this sale anyway... sometimes people make me so mad!

This post kind of turned into a rant... didn't mean for it to and it's not going to result in my writing angry emails and then apologizing or anything, but what is with people? I charge $2.50 for a pair of clippies that were a little bit more work than a basic and that's because, in all honesty, they aren't that hard to make and don't require that much time. Korkers are a little more time and effort intensive so I have to charge more. But I charge $2.50 not because they're an inferior quality product, but because I don't think I need to be gouging anyone, aren't we all mommies? Doesn't every mommy want a fun and functional hair pretty for their sweetie? So why gouge other mommies just because you can? Do you like being taken advantage of because you don't know how to make something or don't have the time? I very much doubt it... Okay, sorry. Getting off my soap box, we're so done talking about this. I promise this time. And no not a 'I'll post clippies tonight' kind of promise, the kind I can actually keep. So done. This seller even has a fancy website that looks all fabbity fab, but why have a fab website when you have a not-so-fab product? Okay. Really. I'm totally done this time.

On that note I'm going to take my aggrevated self and go felt some roving... now that is labour intensive. Stupid plastic flowers... honestly... I swear I could see the seams on the plastic from the moulds, you know the really cheap stuff you get at the dollar store? Like that. Yuck. I really shouldn't knock other people's work, but it really bugs me when people are all about the money, especially with a product made for mommies. Jerks. Okay, I'm going now. We shall never discuss this again. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment