Friday, February 24, 2012

The Joys of Power...

... Or the even bigger joy of not having it!

After my last post it got so windy outside it blew our power right out.  Fortunately, I knew where I put the candles and the matched.  It was great.  We sat infront of the woodstove with a couple candles and watched Green Acres reruns on the laptop (why to rough it, right?) and ate pitas.  The littles were so disappointed when the hydro blinked back to life, I have to admit I was disappointed too.  Partially because we were having such a lovely cozy time sans lights, and partially because you can't clean when you can't see the mess ;)  I might change my mind in the future, but I hope we lose power more often, I think it's healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh quality family time. Brings to mind a Laura Ingals book I read - the hard winter.

    ReplyDelete